On July 1st DS Automobiles is making another significant step forward as a new brand. From this moment, DS Automobiles will solely be represented in the UK by a DS dedicated network of DS Stores and DS Salons in selected prominent locations to welcome prospective customers. The complete DS model range (DS 3, DS 3 CABRIO, DS 4, DS 4 CROSSBACK, DS 5 and DS 7 CROSSBACK) will now only be available for order through the new DS dedicated outlets.
This moment also signifies the separation for Citroën outlets which can no longer trade with customers on new DS products under their Citroën franchise contracts. There are however a selection of Citroën investors that have been granted DS franchise contracts, allowing them to be able to continue distributing DS models, through a DS Store or DS Salon outlet.
DS says this major step aims to ensure that all DS customers receive the full benefits of what DS Automobiles has to offer:
- A distinctive range of models, led by the all-new DS 7 CROSSBACK SUV which is the first model of the second-generation of DS models, and joined by a new model every year to form a six-model range, all of which include electrified versions
- A highly qualitative customer experience, delivered by DS Stores and DS Salons, the design of which has been inspired by French Boutique hotels to create a high end, bespoke, engaging experience
- A high end customer service delivered by DS dedicated staff, in Sales as well as After Sales, embodying fully the DS values and high standards, facilitated by bespoke training which includes an inmersion in Paris luxury sales and the DS design centre
- A set of exclusive services, through the DS ONLY YOU customer experience programme, designed to delight DS customers with a portfolio of service at every step of their journey with DS
- An exclusive used car programme – DS CERTIFIED, that provides the best conditioned pre-owned DS models with a set of premium services and high standards
MULTICHANNEL DS DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
The DS dedicated network will have 25 DS Stores and DS Salons accross the UK for 1st July, and is due to double outlets by the year’s end, expanding further in 2019.
From the 1st July, the Citroën and DS brands and their franchised outlets will operate separately for the sales of their respective brand’s new vehicles, distribution, servicing and in other respects to their franchise agreements.
For existing DS customers who purchased their car from a dual (Citroёn / DS) franchise outlet, that relationship continues initially through the solely Citroёn franchise for ongoing services in the short term, to permit servicing, warranty, maintenance, etc. and DS customers will be encouraged to engage with the new, solely DS franchise.
Currently there are now some 400 DS Stores and DS Salons across Europe with many more due to open by 2019, with trained DS Expert Advisors and DS Service Advisors on hand for customers in all.