We’ve got the first details of Ford’s all-new Focus, including prices and specifications, with a full rundown of the new Active, ST-Line, Titanium and Vignale versions of the medium-sized Ford. There’s also the first news of the new Audi A6 Avant, the facelifted Hyundai Tucson and the mildly updated Mazda CX-3. There’s full details of the breakthrough from Bosch that will see diesel regain its crown as the cleanest and efficient fuel on the market.
Our test team have been driving the brand-new Mercedes-Benz A-Class, the SsangYong Musso pick-up and the top-of-the-range Vauxhall Grandland X, the Ultimate. In our big SUV showdown, the new BMW X3 meets the Audi Q5 and Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class – which one is triumphant in this tough test. There’s also UK tests of the latest SEAT Ibiza FR diesel, the DS 7 Crossback Performance Line and updated Skoda Rapid.
It’s our annual Top 50 issue, where our esteemed testers count down the very best new cars on sale. If you’re planning to buy a new motor this year, you really can’t miss our definitive verdict. Will last year’s winner, the Peugeot 3008 win for the second year, or will a newcomer steal its limelight? There’s only one way to find out and that’s to buy the June 2018 issue of Diesel Car & Eco Car.
In Eco Car we take delivery of a brand-new Suzuki Swift Hybrid, and will be running it on our long-term fleet for the next six months. We also test Lexus’ updated NX 300h and the new plug-in hybrid edition of the Kia Optima Sportswagon.
James Fossdyke examines the changing face of car retailing, and this month’s used car buyer’s guide focusses on the cheapest small car on sale, the Dacia Sandero, as well as its Stepway sister model. There’s also all your old favourites, including Doctor Diesel, The Extra Mile, Product Inspector and a guide to buying, selling and maintaining your car, as well as the most up-to-date data section in the business. It’s updated daily by our team of analysts so that it is the definitive guide to diesel and eco-friendly car data.
- Audi Q5 S line 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic
- BMW X3 xDrive20d M Sport Automatic
- DS 7 Crossback Performance Line BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz A 180 d AMG Line Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 250 d AMG Line Automatic
- SEAT Ibiza FR 1.6 TDI
- Skoda Rapid SE L 1.4 TDI DSG Automatic
- SsangYong Musso Double Cab Automatic
- Vauxhall Grandland X Ultimate 2.0 Turbo D BlueInjection Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A5 Sportback S line 2.0 TDI ultra Automatic
- Citroen C3 Aircross BlueHDi 120
- Ford Kuga Vignale 2.0 TDCi AWD Automatic
- Kia Stonic First Edition 1.6 CRDi
- Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav 2.2 AWD
- Peugeot 3008 Allure BlueHDi 120
- Renault Scenic Dynamique S dCi 130
- SEAT Arona SE Technology 1.6 TDI
- Skoda Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TDI 4X4 DSG (7-seat)
- Suzuki Swift 1.0 Boosterjet Hybrid SZ5
- Diesel Car & Eco Car Top 50
- Changing face of car retailing
- EcoCar Alternative Engines – Turbines
Used Car Buyer’s Guide
- Dacia Sandero dCi 90 and Sandero Stepway dCi 90 (2013-onwards)
- News and views
- Legal i
- Doctor Diesel
- The Extra Mile
- Product Inspector
- Buying, Selling and Maintaining
- Modern Motoring Questions
- Eco Car Bright Spark