As 2016 draws to a close, we manage to sneak the last issue of Diesel Car for this year into the shops this Friday, with the biggest news of the year plastered on the cover of the latest issue. As well as announcing the debut of the latest Fiesta, we’ve also got first details of Vauxhall’s Insignia Grand Sport, which goes on sale in the UK midway through next year. There’s also exciting news of Jaguar’s new I-Pace, which is set to give Tesla a fright, as well as shaking up the compact SUV market.
It’s a bumper issue for new car tests, with the eagerly awaited Skoda Kodiaq driven, as well as the new Audi Q5, the chunky Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain and facelifted SEAT Leon. We’ve also been behind the wheel of the Maserati Levante on UK roads, in addition to the Renault Megane Sport Tourer, Peugeot 3008, Renault Grand Scenic and Volkswagen Amarok. Audi’s A5 Coupé has been put through its paces on home soil, too, and we test Nissan’s uprated new 2.0-litre dCi engine for the X-Trail.
The subject of this month’s twin test is the Fiat Tipo, where it faces up to the Kia cee’d. Which one is victorious in the value end of the medium car sector? There’s also On Test reports of the facelifted Renault Clio, the updated Kia Carens and the twin-clutch version of the Hyundai Tucson. If you’ve wondered what AdBlue is all about, we’ve got a comprehensive guide to selective catalyst reduction, and this month’s reader’s car is a rather special MGB with a diesel engine installed under the bonnet. There’s a new year gift guide, and we welcome the Mazda3 1.5 diesel to the long-term test fleet.
In EcoCar, we’ve tested the funky new Toyota C-HR Hybrid, driven the fun new Suzuki Ignis and tested the smart fortwo cabrio with automatic transmission.
- Audi A5 Coupe S line 3.0 V6 TDI quattro Automatic
- Audi Q5 Sport 2.0 TDI Automatic
- Fiat Tipo Lounge 1.6 MultiJet (120)
- Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 1.7 CRDi Automatic
- Kia cee’d 2 1.6 CRDi
- Kia Carens 4 1.7 CRDi
- Maserati Levante Diesel Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz E 220 d All-Terrain Automatic
- Nissan X-Trail Tekna dCi 177 4WD Automatic
- Peugeot 3008 GT Line BlueHDi 120
- Renault Clio Dynamique S Nav dCi 110
- Renault Megane Sport Tourer Dynamique S Nav dCi 110
- Renault Grand Scenic Dynamique S Nav dCi 130
- SEAT Leon SE Technology 1.6 TDI 5-door
- Skoda Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TDI (190) 4X4 Automatic
- smart fortwo cabrio prime (90) automatic
- Suzuki Ignis 1.2 Dualjet SHVS SZ5
- Toyota C-HR Hybrid Dynamique 1.8 VVT-i
- Volkswagen Amarok Aventura 3.0 V6 TDI 4MOTION Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A4 S line 3.0 V6 TDI (218) quattro Automatic
- DS 5 Prestige BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX 4WD
- Jaguar XF R-Sport 2.0D Automatic
- Kia Optima 3 1.7 CRDi
- Mazda3 SE-L Nav 1.5 5-door
- Peugeot 508 SW GT Line BlueHDi 150
- Renault Kadjar Dynamique Nav dCi 110 EDC Automatic
- SEAT Ateca SE 1.6 TDI Ecomotive
- Skoda Rapid Spaceback SE Sport 1.4 TDI
- Suzuki Baleno 1.2 Dualjet SHVS SZ5
- AdBlue – all you need to know about the diesel additive
- Rexton Response – SsangYong has donated a Rexton to the South-Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust, and we catch up to find out how it is doing.
- MGB GT Diesel
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- Ford B-MAX