Citroën has unveiled the new ë-C4 and C4 new-generation compact hatchbacks. The new cars are offered with 100 per cent electric, petrol or diesel powertrains. Pure electric models are badged ë-C4, while the petrols and diesels are C4s.
- ELECTRIC MOBILITY
The new ë-C4 has an electric powertrain with zero CO2 emissions and a WLTP range of 217 miles (350 km). In addition to the pleasure of driving 100 per cent electric, with no CO2 emissions, the new ë-C4 also allows access to the low-emission traffic zones in some cities, which are increasingly off-limits to conventional vehicles.
The 100 per cent electric motor has 134 bhp, 192 bhp of torque that is instantly available, a 0-62 mph time of 9.7 seconds when in Sport mode and a top speed of 93 mph (150 km/h). The 50 kWh battery pack is rated as high-voltage 400 V Li-ion.
New ë-C4 has a “Brake” feature to amplify the deceleration of the car without pressing the brake pedal. The system allows for the recovery of energy when slowing the car, unlike conventional petrol and Diesel versions. This action lets the driver partially recharge the battery and increase range.
Several driving modes are available, activated by the mode selector on the centre console: Eco, Normal or Sport. The system allows the driver to choose between performance and optimal eco-driving.
The battery warranty is eight years or 100,000 miles for 70 per cent of charge capacity.
- Optimised charging time for easy recharging
Charge time is optimised:
- In mode 4, at a public charging station using a 100 kW charger, the battery replenishes at a rate of approximately 6.2 miles/min (10 km/min), which is best in the segment. 80 per cent of charge is completed in 30 minutes.
- In mode 3, at home using a 32 A Wallbox, recharging takes as little as 7.5 hours with single-phase supply or even 5 hours with three-phase supply and an optional 11 kW on-board charger.
- In mode 2, at home and for occasional needs, the battery can be recharged using a standard domestic socket.
To make life easier for customers and to enable them to enjoy their electric vehicle with faster charging times on a daily basis, Citroën takes care of everything and offers a “one-stop shop” solution for installing a Wallbox at home.
Charging is simple and can be pre-programmed or deferred to benefit from more advantageous off-peak electricity prices. Customers can pre-set the charging times using the touchscreen tablet in the passenger compartment or by using the MyCitroën app. Charging is easy thanks to the ergonomics of the charging port and the accessibility of the cable(s), which are stored under the boot floor. The charging port features a coloured indicator so the user can monitor the charging process. Charging can also be followed on the MyCitroën app.
- A RANGE OF MODERN ENGINES
Together, the new and new C4 offer a complete range of powertrains:
- New ë-C4 – 100 per cent ëlectric:
- One 100 per cent electric engine: 134 bhp (100 kW) – Battery 50 kWh.
- New C4:
- Five Euro 6d petrol engines: PureTech 100 S&S 6-speed manual, PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual, PureTech 130 S&S EAT8 Auto, PureTech 155 S&S EAT8 Auto and PureTech 155 EAT8 Auto – International markets only,
- Two Euro 6d Diesel engines: BlueHDi 110 S&S 6-speed manual and BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 Auto.