Continuing with its philosophy of offering customers the ‘power of choice’, Peugeot is introduces the all-electric e-Traveller. The e-Traveller has: a range of up to 143 miles (230km) WLTP with a 50kWh battery capacity, two body lengths and up to eight seats.
Available in Active or Allure trim, the Traveller is designed to meet the different needs of families thanks to its changeable seat layout, with sliding and removable capabilities. This flexibility allows you to maximise interior space and enjoy driving comfort. Children can take advantage of the aviation screens in the second row and be protected by integrated sun blinds.
It also features Grip Control, a reinforced drive system that adapts to any terrain encountered. The driver can select, via a dial on the dashboard, the traction mode required (Snow, All-Travel, Sand, ESC off).
Luggage in the boot can be accessed due to an opening rear window. Available from two to eight seats, with space, practicality, comfort and an easily cleanable interior, the zero emission PEUGEOT e-Traveller can cater for numerous customer needs.
For more versatility, the all-new Peugeot e-Traveller is available in the UK in two lengths:
- Standard (4.95 m)
- Long (5.30 m)
Note the limited height of 1.90 m guarantees access to most car parks.
The all-new Peugeot e-Traveller can carry up to eight people with 1500 litres of boot volume, up to five people with 3000 litres or 4900 litres due to its removable seats in row two and three.
There are numerous interior storage compartments distributed throughout the passenger compartment which provide up to 74 litres in total.
The Peugeot e-Traveller’s batteries are located under the floor so there is no impact on the boot volume or the number of seats inside the vehicle compared with the internal combustion versions. Equally, the towing capacity is preserved with the possibility of towing a load of up to 1000kg.
At the driver level, the centre console has been redesigned to accommodate:
- The new “e-Toggle” gearbox control
- The selector switch for the three driving modes
- Additional storage space
The all-new PEUGEOT e-Traveller offers three driving modes from the mode selector:
- Eco (60 kW, 133 ft lb): for optimising range
- Normal (80 kW, 155 ft lb): for everyday use
- Power (100 kW, 192 ft lb): for optimal performance
Two braking modes are available:
- Emphasised (accessible from push “B”, for “Brake” located on the gearbox control), for increased deceleration when the accelerator pedal is released
All versions of the all-new PEUGEOT e-Traveller are equipped with the electric parking brake, freeing up floor space.
The head up display evolves to share the necessary information the driver needs to correctly handle a 100 per cent electric vehicle :
- A power meter for displaying consumption (ECO, POWER or CHARGE)
- A consumption gauge for heating and air conditioning
- A battery level gauge
- A colour matrix to display energy flows, charge monitoring (current or delayed), on-board computer information and range
In the centre of the vehicle is the touch screen from which you can access the “Electric” menu:
- “Flow’ to view the live energy flow
- “Statistics” to display the consumption statistics
- “Charge” which allows you to program a deferred charge
In addition, you can view the available charging points, the remaining range, or set the passenger compartment’s heating preconditioning settings.
Based on the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) multi-energy modular platform, the Peugeot e-Traveller offers a 100 per electric powertrain.
The electric drive train performance (in POWER mode) is as follows (data under approval) :
- The maximum speed is 80mph (130 km/h)
- 0 to 62mph (100 km/h) in 13.1 s
- The 1000m standing start in 35.8 s
Standard and Long are available with a 50kWh battery and allow a range of up to 143miles (230 km) according to WLTP certification. Due to the battery cooling system, rapid charging is available.
Charging modes available are as follows:
- From a standard domestic socket: 31h
- From a 7.4 kW charge point: 7h30
- From an 11 kW charge point: 5h
- From a public rapid charge terminal: 100 kW chargers allow 80 per cent charge in 30 minutes
The all-new Peugeot e-Traveller offers a programmable deferred charge from the Connected Navigation screen or from the MyPeugeot smartphone application (depending on version).
In order to support its customers in the energy transition, the Peugeot brand is launching a range of services based on three pillars :
- An offer of charging solutions for home or the workplace, partnering with home chargepoint providers to facilitate assessment and installation of the most suitable charging solution
- A public chargepoint offer
- MobilityPass: rental scheme to provide access to an internal combustion vehicle for a longer trip when required
- Adapted service contracts and roadside assistance
- A certificate of battery capacity
- The battery is guaranteed for eight years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km) for 70 per cent of its charge capacity
The all-new Peugeot e-Traveller is available with a number of advanced driver assistance systems, as well as Mirror Screen compatibility, including Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
In town, up to 18mph (30 km/h), to ensure pedestrian safety, an audible signal is heard to indicate the presence of the vehicle in forward and reverse.
The all-new Peugeot e-Traveller will be sold in Europe in the second half of 2020.