In the final quad, the first peak period with the new Clio and Captur crossover on the market, retail car sales for the Renault brand increased by 37.6% and a record 125.9% for the group versus 2012; outpacing the retail car market growth of 15.2% in the same period. In these four months, helped by launch of Captur, the Renault brand increased its volume in the growing B-segment by a record 98.9%.
Total group sales for 2013, including vans, was 76,414 units, surpassing the 2012 Renault full-year total registrations of 55,685 units. Commenting on the results, Ken Ramirez, Renault UK Managing Director, said, “2013 has been the first step on the growth path for the Renault Group in the UK. The stunning designs of New Clio and the all-new Captur crossover have reignited desire for the Renault brand, whilst Dacia – the fastest growing retail brand of the year – has brought unique value-for-money to the UK market.”
- Renault Group posted a car sales increase of 55.3% per cent for 2013 with a market share of 2.8% compared to the same period last year (63,319 in volume compared to 1.99% share and 40,760 units last year)
- Retail car sales for the Renault Group for 2013 jumped a record 89.8% to 3.7% share (43,455 units compared to 2.2% share and 22,898 units last year)
- For the final quad of 2013, retail car sales for the Group increased by 125.9% with a share of 4.4% compared to the same period last year (20,428 units compared to 9,042 units last year)
- Renault car sales for 2013 reached 46,173 an increase of 13.3% compared to the previous year, and a share of 2.04%
- In the final quad, retail car sales for the Renault brand increased by 37.6% versus the same period last year
- In the same four months, with Clio, Captur and ZOE, Renault’s volume in the B-segment increased by a record 98.9%
- Clio sales in these final four months rank it in fifth place in the five-door retail B-segment
- Captur sales for the same period put it in third place in the B-SUV segment, behind the Nissan Juke and MINI Countryman. It outsells Peugeot’s 2008 by almost two times-to one. (5,826 sales compared to 2,949).
- Dacia was the fastest growing car brand in 2013, achieving 17,146 sales in 2013 with a market share of 0.76%, following its launch in January initially with only two models in showrooms, Duster and Sandero. Sandero Stepway arrived in May and Logan MCV in September.
- With a full four-model line up in the final quad, in the retail market Dacia outsold brands such as Mazda and Volvo
- 96.7% of Dacia sales are in the retail market where it has a share of 1.4%. It was also the fastest growing retail brand in 2013
- Duster sales totalled 7,830. Sandero sales reached 5,025. Sandero Stepway launched in May and totalled 3,770 sales in 2013