The MINI Countryman, the biggest member of the MINI model family, has an updated design, additions to the equipment range and new innovative technology. The MINI Countryman Plug-In Hybrid ALL4 “combines efficiency and hybrid-specific all-wheel drive with the option of pure electric driving”.
In addition to plug-in hybrid drive, the new MINI Countryman is also available with two petrol engines and one diesel engine featuring the latest MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology. The engines have seen extensive development and cover an output ranging from 134 bhp to 176 bhp. They already meet the emissions standard Euro 6d, which will not be binding until 2021. All three engines can be combined with the all-wheel drive system ALL4 on request.
The new MINI Countryman: Highlights.
- Distinctive front design with newly designed radiator grille.
- LED headlamps and LED fog lights now as standard.
- LED rear lights in new design.
- New body finishes, new Piano Black Exterior option.
- New light alloy wheels.
- Latest generation of engines, all Euro 6d emissions standard compliant.
- New digital dash display with 5-inch colour screen as standard.
- Newly designed central instrument in Piano Black High Gloss available as an optional extra.
- New range of leather trims and interior surfaces.
- New version of the MINI Yours Interior Style.
- Extended range of Original MINI Accessories.
The new MINI Cooper Countryman Plug-In Hybrid ALL4 is fitted with a hybrid-specific all-wheel drive system as standard. The system manages a precisely controlled interaction between the 3-cylinder petrol engine transmitting its power to the front wheels with an electric synchronous motor that acts on the rear wheels. Together, the two power units produce a system output of 162 kW/217 bhp. The latest eDrive technology available for BMW Group plug-in hybrid models also includes a high-voltage lithium-ion battery with a gross energy content of 9.6 kWh, giving the new MINI Cooper Countryman Plug-In Hybrid ALL4 a maximum electrically powered range of 34 to 38 miles.