In the latest issue, the Diesel Car Top 50 is the definitive guide to the best new cars on sale today. Each of the vehicles have been evaluated and scrutinised by the Diesel Car and Eco Car road test team, but it’s only the best 50 that we’re interested in as we countdown the winners.
Vauxhall’s Insignia Grand Sport gets the first test treatment – read about how Vauxhall’s large car has been transformed from also ran into class contender. We’ve been testing SEAT’s facelifted Leon and the Skoda Octavia on UK roads for the first time, and we also headed to Austria to put the Octavia vRS through its paces, too. Mazda’s second-generation CX-5 is driven by new contributor James Fossdyke on its international launch, and we’ve been testing the Audi A5 Cabriolet and Isuzu D-Max with its latest 1.9-litre diesel engine.
This month’s twin test sees the Audi Q2 go head-to-head with the biggest seller of the sector, the Nissan Juke. Is it a case of age before beauty? We put Mercedes-Benz’s new GLC-Coupé through its paces and wave goodbye to Renault’s Kadjar from our long-term test fleet. Sue Baker experiences Citroën’s new Advanced Comfort concept, and Gavin Braithwaite-Smith takes a look at the ways you can make sure your car sails through its MOT first time.
In Eco Car, we take a look at autonomous cars and the grading system for the important new technology. We also test the latest Volkswagen Golf GTE plug-in hybrid on home turf, and Lexus’ new IS 300h in Luxury specification is given the road test treatment.
There’s also news from the Shanghai and New York motor shows, as well as all the favourites like long-term test reports, Doctor Diesel, the extra mile, gadget inspector and our buying, selling and maintaining section. And not forgetting the most comprehensive data section in the magazine business, listing every diesel, hybrid, electric, fuel-cell and sub-100g/km petrol car on the market today.
- Audi A5 Cabriolet S line 2.0 TDI S tronic Automatic
- Audi Q2 SE 1.6 TDI
- Isuzu D-Max Double Cab 1.9 Blade Automatic
- Lexus IS 300 h Luxury
- Mazda CX-5 AWD Sport Nav 2.2 Diesel (175) Automatic
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 220 d 4Matic AMG Line Coupe Automatic
- Nissan Juke Tekna 1.5 dCi 110
- SEAT Leon SE Dynamic Technology 1.6 TDI
- Skoda Octavia Estate SE 1.6 TDI
- Skoda Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TDI 4×4 DSG Automatic
- Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.6 Turbo D ecoFLEX
- Volkswagen Golf GTE Advance 1.4 TSI DSG Automatic
Long-term test reports:
- Audi A3 Sportback S line 2.0 TDI
- DS 5 Prestige BlueHDi 180 Automatic
- Ford Edge Titanium 2.0 TDCi Automatic
- Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC EX 4WD
- Jaguar XF R-Sport 2.0D Automatic
- Kia Optima Sportswagon GT-Line S 1.7 CRDi Automatic
- Mazda3 SE-L Nav 1.5 5-door
- Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian Automatic
- Renault Kadjar Dynamique Nav dCi 110 EDC Automatic
- SEAT Ateca SE 1.6 TDI Ecomotive
- Skoda Rapid Spaceback SE Sport 1.4 TDI
- Subaru Outback 2.0D SE Premium Lineartronic
- Diesel Car Top 50
- Citroen Advanced Comfort
- News from the Shanghai and New York motor shows
- How to pass an MOT at the first attempt
- Autonomous driving feature
Used Car Buyer’s Guide:
- Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TDI (2013 to 2017)