Last month, the Octavia Estate grabbed the accolade of best estate car in our annual car of the year awards, beating a whole host of other impressive machinery, including Skoda’s Superb and the Jaguar XF Sportbrake. This month, we bring you road test impressions on one of the most effortless versions in the line-up, equipped with the slick-shifting six-speed twin-clutch DSG automatic transmission and paired to the latest 148bhp 2.0-litre TDI engine.
- Excellent performance
- Smooth, quiet and refined engine
- Lightning quick gear changes
- Accurate, agile steering
- Classy, good quality cabin, with a clear, well thought out layout
- Generous equipment levels
- Great driving position with comfortable seats
- Genuine limousine-like rear legroom
- Large and spacious boot
- The Octavia always does exceptionally well in customer satisfaction surveys
- The ride is jittery at low speeds, and the speedometer markings don’t suit UK speed limits
- Prices are creeping up
You can read the full report on this Skoda Octavia Estate in the July 2014 issue of Diesel Car. Order a back issue by clicking here and choosing a single issue.