We’ve always been fans of Volvo’s homegrown five-cylinder diesel engines, thanks to their punchy performance, intoxicating engine note and decent fuel economy. But now, the Swedish firm is replacing its entire line-up with a new clean-sheet design, all 2.0-litre four-cylinder in size.
You can read the full report on this Volvo S60 in the July 2014 issue of Diesel Car. Order a back issue by clicking here and choosing a single issue.
- Swift performance, low CO2 emissions and great fuel economy
- Super smooth engine with great refinement
- Supple ride
- Well positioned navigation screen
- Smart looking cabin
- Very comfortable and cosseting seats
- Long list of safety equipment
- Boot is on the small side and space in the back is at a premium
- Too many small buttons on the centre console
- Electric handbrake switch hidden and inconveniently positioned
- Automatic transmission can sometimes deliver jerky gear changes.